General information

General information

History of the Institute

Bukhara State Medical Institute was founded in October 1990. In March 1991, by the decision of the Presidium of the Bukhara Regional Council of People’s Deputies, he was named “Abu Ali ibn Sino”. The Faculty of Medicine was established in 1991, the Faculty of Dentistry in 1992, the Department of Highly Qualified Nurses in 1999, the Department of Medical Pedagogy in 2001, and the Department of Pediatrics in 2016. As of 2018, 2 new directions have been established in the field of medical prevention and medical biology.

At present, the institute has 8 faculties, 41 departments, including bachelor’s degree in 8 areas, master’s degree in 23 specialties and clinical residency in more than 40 specialties and 20 joint programs. A total of more than 4,700 students and residents are enrolled in the lim programs. The institute has a total of 400 professors and teachers, including 20 doctors of sciences, 10 professors, 107 candidates of sciences and associate professors, 100 senior teachers and assistants. The institute currently offers classes in Uzbek, Russian, English and Turkish. The institute trains highly educated personnel in the new edition of the Law “On Education” in the following 8 areas:

60910200 – Medical work – 6 years, currently 1450 students are studying;

5111000 – Medical pedagogical work – 6 years, currently 482 students are studying;

60910300 – Pediatrics – 6 years, currently 398 students are studying;

60910100 – Dental work – 5 years, currently 706 students are studying;

60910400 – Medical prevention work – 5 years, currently 181 students are studying;

60910600 – Medical Biology Work – 4 years, currently 192 students are studying;

510700 – Higher Nursing – 3 years, currently 152 students are studying;

  60911100 – Folk medicine work – 4 years, currently 30 students are studying.